The Temporary Assistant is expected to perform the duties and exercise the powers which the Finance and Human Resource Manager and the Board may from time to time properly assign in the capacity as Temporary Assistant in connection with the business of DGDC and the business of anyone or more of its Associated Companies (including performing duties as requested by the Managing Director from time to time).
DURATION: 6 Months (May – October 2022)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Temporary Assistant is broadly responsible for the following areas of activity:
- Provide administrative support to all officers of DGDC as required.
- Organize logistics and provide administrative support for project-related meetings.
- Provide as-needed general secretarial administrative services such as typing, filing, photocopying, organizing of meetings, and basic data entry to improve and maintain the quality of internal controls of the Project including specifically ensuring a filing index for ease of retrieval of documents (both physical and electronic).
- Respond to emails, faxes, and telephone calls when necessary and appropriate on Project-related matters
- Receive and process mail.
- Receive and care for visitors to DGDC office.
- Take meeting notes during Board of Directors (virtually and unusual hours), staff, and other meetings.
- Oversee activities of the office cleaner.
- Manage office supplies to ensure all stationary and other supplies required for the effective functioning of the office are adequately stocked and replenished on a timely basis.
- Ensure dissemination of decisions for the implementation of recommendations/actions arising from meetings.
General Project Support
- Monitor and upgrade website and other online presence of DGDC
- Maintain a register for leave/time off for all officers
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed for project activities
- Develop and maintain good working relations with all project stakeholders
- Assist with preparations for community events
- Assist with Human Resource procedures and activities
- Serve as point of contact for emergency calls (during site works)
WORK OUTPUT AND DELIVERABLES: Reports on the status of tasks undertaken as specified in Key Responsibilities. The Assistant will perform all duties in a skilled and professional manner using diplomatic capabilities in dealing with multiple stakeholders such as government agencies, private sector entities and other relevant institutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: The following qualifications and experience are required to successfully complete the role.
- Relevant administrative and or secretarial qualification
- Minimum A level/Associates Degree or equivalent
- Medium level proficiency with Microsoft Office tools – especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Medium level proficiency with online collaborative tools
- At least three (3) years experience in an administrative role
- Experience in a complex project environment
- Experience in dealing with international agencies and be familiar with their reporting requirements
- Experience working remotely
Personal attributes and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate effectively within a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent planning and organizational
- Excellent interpersonal skills/team player essential
Applications should be submitted to the Board of Directors, DGDC, P.O. Box 1454, Roseau, Dominica, or electronically at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 4:00 p.m. on Friday, 25th March, 2022.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply electronically. All applications will be acknowledged after the deadline.
The DGDC has an equality of opportunity policy that guarantees equal treatment of job applicants