Established and wholly owned by the Government of Dominica.
Our mission is to increase the use of renewable energy in the provision of cheaper electricity by the responsible exploitation of Dominica’s geothermal resource.
Dominica Geothermal Development Company Limited is a special purpose vehicle established by the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica to lead all activities relating to geothermal exploration in Dominica. Registered in December 2016, with a Board of Directors appointed in March 2017, DGDC Ltd. became operational with a full complement of staff in June 2017.
At present, the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica is the sole shareholder. Its interests are ably monitored by three shareholder representatives in the offices of the Financial Secretary, Secretary to the Cabinet and the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Trade, Energy & Employment.
INCREASED STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
We are a Conscientious Implementing Agency
Who is Respectful of Their Partners
The members of the DDGC team champion fundamental values that earn them the respect of their
partners and the communities that host their projects.
HomesPowered by Clean Geothermal Energy Sources
kilowattsThe Production Capacity of Geothermal Power Plant
MonthsThe Project's Anticipated Construction Timescale
$ MillionDominica's Government Investment Commitment to the Project
EXPERIENCE & INNOVATIVE
Our Awesome Staff
- Office Attendant – Ms. Beverly Langford
- Finance and Human Resources Manager – Ms. Rita Destouches-Edmund
- Safeguards & Geoscience Officer – Mr. Mandela Christian
- Project Support Engineer: Electrical – Mr. Rawlins Bruney
- Project Support Engineer: Mechanical – Mr. Dalton Eloi
- Community Liaison Officer – Mr. Allan Toussaint
- Site & Office Attendant – Mr. Garry Shillingford
- Program Support Team Lead – Ms. Shisha Birmingham
- Program Support Officer – Mr. Sylvester Jno Baptiste
Board of Directors
ESIA: Non-Technical Summary
Non-Technical Summary (NTS) provides an overview, in plain language, of the main findings of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Version 2.0
- 1296 downloads