- The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) has received financing from the World Bank (WB) towards its Dominica Geothermal Risk Mitigation Project (DGRMP, Project ID: P162149) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for International Social Consultant for Dominica Transmission Network Development . The Dominica Geothermal Development Company Limited (DGDC) is the implementing agency for the project.
- The Services include technical assistance to assist DGDC to prepare the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and other related studies for the design of the proposed new transmission network in The proposed new network includes:
- Construction of 69 kV overhead line (monopole) of 5 km;
- Construction of 69 kV overhead line of 34 km or new 69 kV underground cable of 46 km;
- Construction of 33 kV underground line of 9 km;
- Construction of two new 69/33/11 kV Hybrid Insulated Switchgear (HIS) substation, a Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) substation, and two 33/11kV HIS substations.
- The DGDC now invites individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The Consultant qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in environmental science, social science or equivalent areas,
- At least 10 years’ working experience in similar services including: (i) Preparing ESIAs for infrastructure projects; (ii) Stakeholder engagement: (iii) Occupational health and safety risk identification and management; (iv) Grievance Management, (v) Assessment and management of Sexual Harassment/Sexual Exploitation and Abuse risk
- Experience in similar services for infrastructure investment projects financed by the World Bank or other multilateral donors.
- An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers- Procurement in Investment Projects Financing”, Fourth Edition, November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 16 of the Procurement Regulations setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
- Interested consultants may obtain a copy of the Terms of Reference (TOR) or further information on the Services at the address below.
- Interested consultants are requested to submit their Expression of Interest and curriculum vitae to the email address below by January 10, 2023
Contact Person: Rita Destouches-Edmund, Finance and HR Manager
Request for Expression of Interest:
Dominica Geothermal Development Company
18 Kenney Avenue,
Tel: (767) 448 6178/79