The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Dominica Geothermal Risk Mitigation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds to acquisition of services of an Owner’s Engineer for construction Dominica 69 kV and 33 kV Transmission Network Sub-Component.
The overall project involves developing a 10 MW geothermal power plant in the Roseau Valley. The primary source of steam for this 10 MW plant is an existing production well which was drilled in 2014 and retested in 2019. The GoCD, through the Dominica Geothermal Development Company (DGDC), plans to construct new electricity transmission lines and substations for efficient delivery of the energy produced by the plant. The Owner’s Engineer Service is required to provide DGDC with support in;
The objective of the assignment is to provide technical and management support to DGDC to ensure the successful delivery of the above-mentioned Transmission Network sub-component connecting the planned 10 MW geothermal power plant to the designated interface points on the national grid. The success of this project will be assessed by the delivery of these new facilities on schedule, within budget and to technical, environmental and safety standards.
The Owner’s Engineer is expected to:
- Perform preliminary survey and the corresponding scoping, cost estimate and engineering design work for each activity of the network; prepare the procurement plan, bidding documents for each procurement package, including technical specifications;
- Support DGDC in the bidding process; and
- Support DGDC contract management and construction supervision of the entire sub-component.
The implementation period will be from May 2021 to May 2023.
The DGDC (the Client) invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Relevant similar experience in the last 7 years , which should specifically include the below:
- Experience in consultancy services related to supervision of works of 69 kV Transmission Systems or above;
- Experience of supervision works involving 69 kV substations and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems;
- Experience in management of project works for contracts financed and procured under the WB or other International Financial Institution (IFIs);
- Experience in supervision of projects involving Transmission Line and Substations of 69 kV and above in the Region.
- Technical and Managerial capability of the firm (Provide only the structure of the organization, general qualifications and number of key staff. Do not provide CV of the staff. Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage).
The attention of interested Consultants/firms is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the “World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers under Investment Project Financing” dated July 1, 2016 as revised in November 2017 (Procurement Regulations), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
The detailed Terms of Reference and further information can be obtained from:
Dominica Geothermal Development Company
Finance and HR Manager
18 Kenney Avenue,
Tel: (767) 448 6178/79
Expressions of interest must be delivered by 3 pm on April 13, 2021 (Dominica Time) via email to the following address: TransmissionOE@geodominica.com.