The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica (GoCD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Dominica Geothermal Risk Mitigation Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include an audit of resources provided by the Bank and an assessment of the internal controls of the Implementing Agency.
The objective of the audit is to allow the auditor to express a professional opinion on the financial position of the project at the end of the period audited, the eligibility of expenditures and to report on the adequacy of the internal controls.
Brief Scope of the Audit
- All project funds should be used in accordance with the conditions of the relevant financing agreements, with due attention to economy and efficiency, and only for the purposes for which the financing was provided.
- Goods, Works and Services financed should be procured in accordance with the relevant financing agreement.
- Implementing entity should keep all necessary supporting documents, records, and accounts in respect of all project ventures including expenditures reported via SOEs or Designated Accounts. Clear linkages should exist between the books of account and reports presented to the Bank.
- Where Designated Accounts have been used, they should be maintained in accordance with the provisions of the relevant financing agreement.
The project accounts should be prepared in accordance with financial reporting provisions outlined in the project legal agreements and is consistently applied, and give a true and fair view of the financial situation of the project at the end of the period and of the resources and expenditures for the year ended on that date
The Dominica Geothermal Development Company Ltd. now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interests specifying that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, Brochures, Description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of appropriate skills etc.).
The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 revised November 2017, August 2018 and November 2020 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment (i.e. 3.17 of the Procurement Regulation).
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Be familiar with World Bank Procurement Guidelines, which can be obtained from the project implementing agencies. The auditor should also be familiar with the Bank’s Disbursement Handbook for World Bank Clients, Disbursement Guidelines for Projects: These documents are available on the Bank’s website and could be obtained from the Task Team Leader.
- Have verifiable audit experience with regard to World Bank-funded projects and/or similar projects funded by other multilateral and bilateral development partners.
- Have any other relevant audit experience of either large public or private organizations of high reputation with reporting requirements of a similar magnitude and intensity.
- Include references of relevant previous or current audit clients.
- Include CVs of key personnel to be used on the audit
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Least Cost Based Selection (LCS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment and further information can be obtained from the Dominica Geothermal Development Company, by contacting Rita Destouches-Edmund at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (767) 448 6178/79 during office hours – 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays.
Expressions of interest (Cover Letter and a detailed Resume) must be submitted by September 6, 2022, at 15.00hrs Eastern Caribbean time in a written form (in person or by e-mail) to the following addresses:
Attn: Fred John
Dominica Geothermal Development Company Ltd.
18 Kennedy Avenue, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel: (767) 448-6178/79
E-mail: email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org